By road: Bondla is off National Highway 4A that connects Belgaum with Panjim. Branch off at Mollem.
Route: Mollem-Satpal Sancorda-Shivddem-Bondla. (20 kms). Branch off at Tiska Route: Tiska - Usgaon - Ganhem - Bondla (14 kms).
Route: Margao-Ponda-Usgao-Ganjem-Bondla (36 kms) Panjim-Ponda-Usgao-Ganjem-Bondla (52 kms).
By Rail: Collem (on the Mormugao-Hubli line). Route: Collem-Mollem-Sancorda-Shivddem-Bondla: 28 kms.
Carambolim (Karmali Railway Station, on Konkan Railway) Route: Carambolim-Old Goa-Ponda-Usgao-Ganjem-Bondla: 40 kms.
By plane: Dabolim-Ponda-Usgao-Ganjem-Bondla (70 kms)
The Forest Department has announced that it is contemplating to run a bus service from TISKA to BONDLA everyday, except Thursday. Dep. Tiska 11.00 hrs and 19.30 hrs Dep. Bondla 07.30 hrs and 17.45 hrs. Many currently travel via their own transport. Hired taxi is a "little bit costly" as the Forest Department cautions.
There are botanical gardens, a zoo and a deer park. The gardens are very pleasant, while there has been some criticism of the state in which the animals are maintained. There are elephant rides offered in the afternoons, around 4PM.
Late evenings and nights out there can be interesting. It has moist deciduous forests, small patches of evergreens, and Goa's state tree Terminalia Crenulata (Matti) and Rosewood are common here.
To see Goa's state animal, the gaur, you need to go here too. You could run into panther, jungle cat, leopard cat, toddy cat, deer, wild boars, porcupines, ant eaters, or squirrels are some of the other animals here. Over a hundred species of birds are believed to be here, and Goa's growing romance with British birdwatchers is building awareness in this area.
* Zoological Park - A tiny zoo in moated enclosures with natural surroundings. A few elephant, panther, lion, gaur, sambar, deers, sloth bear, porcupine, wild boar, crocodiles, and reptiles.
* Deer Safari Park - Visitors can move among deers in vehicles inside the Deer Safari Park housing sambar and spotted deers.
* Formal Gardens - Lawns, exotic trees, varieties of roses, and colourful flowering plants in the middle of the forest.
* Botanical Gardens - Collection of plants.
* Nature Education Centre - Exhibits to see, feel and interpret. An attached library, with video movies screened on request.
* Birdwatch - Bondla is home to over a hundred bird species. For details on bird-watching areas contact the Park Range Office.
* See wild animals You need to scan from watch towers, to spy gaur, sambar, and wild boar at water-holes. You need luck too.
* Nature trails - For the more energetic.
* Archaeological exhibit - Deity Gajalaxmi with several motifs in bold relief, from the sixth to eighth century venerated by ancient settlers are located here.
Please note that the zoo, deer safari, and garden are closed on Thursdays.